Bird & Fish Art Studio – Creativity Gym for Children
Schools can often stifle student creativity by the teaching methods they use. Many subjects in school, such as math, physics, and history, demand structured correct or wrong responses. Our art programs encourage students to solve problems that go beyond the boundaries of right and wrong answers.
Core Program 2.0 Highlights
- Art activities that foster curiosity and creativity;
- Enhance problem-solving skills; to think outside of the box.
- Introduction to contemporary and traditional artists, helping them appreciate different cultures and points of view.
- Learn, recognize, and apply the 7 elements of art.
- Express themselves through drawing, painting, printing, sculpture, mixed media, and digital exercises.
- Gain confidence by practicing using diverse art tools and techniques.
- Exploring and experimenting with a wide range of mediums and materials.
- Discover the stories and people behind famous artworks throughout the rich history of art.
- Connecting art to science, technology, engineering, and math.*
- Bilingual classroom, Chinese and English*
- Ages 4 and older in varied ages classroom*
- 90 minutes of class time *
Beginning September 2023, we will be open from Thursday to Sunday.
Thursday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Balance Time and Mixed Ages.
Our mixed-age classroom classes will now be 90 minutes long, providing a collaborative environment for your child to learn and interact with peers of different ages. This approach helps children aged 4 and older to develop valuable social skills and gain exposure to different perspectives.
Art Is The Glue To Learning
We’re passionate about art; it encourages self-expression and creativity and can build confidence and a sense of individual identity. However, we also understand the value of science, technology, engineering, and math in everyday life. As a result, we will incorporate more STEM elements into our art lessons and activities.
Our art exercises will offer stories, presentations, and instructions in English and Chinese. For students who are already studying English, our classes present an excellent opportunity to practice and reinforce their skills. For students with no English background, this no-pressure environment is a great place to start learning.
The adjustments to our art programs and schedule are intended to continue delivering the best experience for our students and to move us toward our goal of being recognized by parents as the best art studio to help children to develop and preserve their creativity.
Do you have questions?
Please get in touch with us.